- The Pres Programmer is responsible for ensuring that text and live print samples are set up correctly and completed in a timely manner, including spooling of jobs for laser printing.
- Pres processing jobs are required to be done according to job instructions and following laser processing internal processes including data processing audit checks.
- The Pres Programmer is required to work towards a deadline as communicated by the Scheduler and meet those deadlines otherwise communicating any delays to the Scheduler.
- Update job tracking systems with job status and counts and also ensuring all time sheets are completed in an agreed time frame.
- The Pres Programmer will mentor junior Pres Programmers to improve skills and are required to review data processes and participate in improvements wherever possible.
- Team or inter-department knowledge sessions are also requested to share information and processes with other staff.
- Participation in developing timelines in quotes where required.
- Process client supplied files in accordance with job instructions
- Ensure deadline is met or delays are communicated to the Scheduler
- Ensure any systems are updated with job status and job counts
- Ensure time sheets are entered on time
- Follow all processes in completing jobs including quality processes and checklists
- Liaise with Client Services to communicate any queries or issues with job
- Mentor and train junior staff including knowledge sharing sessions with team or other departments
- Suggest improvements and review errors for opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in a Pres Programmer role
- Experience with print tools such as Pres
- Experience with automated print campaigns and Adobe CS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work under pressure
- Ability to manage time effectively and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team.