- The Data Programmer is responsible for processing of client files to produce output files in various formats including reporting, automation and departmental support.
- Data processing jobs are required to be done according to job instructions and internal processes including relevant audit checks.
- The Data Programmer is required to work towards a deadline as communicated by the Traffic Manager and meet those deadlines otherwise communicating any delays to the Traffic Manager.
- Update job tracking systems with job status and counts and also ensuring all time sheets are completed in an agreed time frame.
- Process client supplied files in accordance with job instructions
- Ensure deadline is met or delays are communicated to the Traffic Manager
- Ensure any systems are updated with job status and job counts
- Ensure time sheets are entered on time
- Follow all processes in completing jobs including quality processes and checklists
- Liaise with Customer Service to communicate any queries or issues with job including any improvements to brief instructions.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 1+ years experience in a Data Programmer role
- Degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to write programs in at least 1 major language such as C, C++, C#, Java
- Database skills such as SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work under pressure
- Ability to manage time effectively and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team.